Year 2 Quiz
Just for fun...
- What is the biggest planet in the solar system?
- What 3 colours make up the flag of the United Kingdom?
- Who was Little Red Riding Hood going to visit when she was tricked by the wolf?
- What 7 colours make up a rainbow?
- Which cartoon character lives in a pineapple under the sea?
- What is a group of stars called?
- Which mammal has no vocal chords?
- Who was the first person to walk on the moon?
- What is a group of frogs called?
- Is a tomato a fruit or vegetable?
- What is the name of the organ that pumps blood around the body? Heart
- How many hours are in two days? 48
- What is the name of a tree that produces conkers? Horse Chestnut Tree
- Which famous building did Guy Fawkes try to blow up? The Houses of Parliament
- How many years are there in a millennium? 1000 years
- How many days are there in May? 31
- Who wrote the children's book 'Room on the Broom'? Julia Donaldson
- What do tadpoles turn into? Frogs
- On which continent is the South Pole? Antarctica
- Can an ostrich fly? No, but they can run very fast!
- How many vowels are in the English alphabet? 5
- On what date in December is Boxing day? 26th
- When does a nocturnal animal sleep, the day or night? The day
- Oompa Loompas are a group of workers in which children’s book? Charlie and the Chocolate Factory
- How many legs does a spider have? 8
- How many years are there in a decade? 10 years
- Who wrote the children's book 'Gangsta Granny'? David Walliams
- How many days are there in a fortnight? 14
- Merci means thank you in which European language? French
- Which continent do we live in? Europe
- What is the inverse (opposite) of multiply? Divide
- Which do the petals on a flower do? Attract pollinators such a bees and butterflies
- What is the name of the Prime Minister? Boris Johnson
- What is the name of a baby duck? Duckling
- What is french for 'yes'? Oui
- Which is the smallest continent in the world? Australia
- What is the capital city of Wales? Cardiff
- Which month comes after April and before June? May
- I am thinking of a number. It is odd. It is more than 47 but less than 50. What number am I? 49
- An exclamation sentence must start with H __ __ or W __ __ __. How or What
- What is the name of an 8 sided shape? Octagon
- Which part of a plant absorbs water and minerals from the soil? Roots
- What is the name of a baby cow? Calf
- What is french for the number 5? Cinq
- What is the name given to a group of birds? Flock
- What is the capital city of Scotland? Edinburgh
- Where did the Great Fire of London start? In a bakery on Pudding Lane
- What is the opposite of transparent? Opaque
- Who was was the first female aviator to fly solo across the Atlantic Ocean? Amelia Earhart
- The opposite of rough is...? Smooth
- What year was the Great Fire of London? 1666
- Who wrote the book; The Twits? Roald Dahl
- What colour do you get if you mix red and green together? Brown
- Which is the largest continent in the world? Asia
- How many hours are there in a day? 24
- Which 4 countries make up the United Kingdom? England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales
- If a material is transparent, what does that mean? It means light can pass through it and you can see through it too.
- What is the capital city of England? London
- What is a 5 sided shape called? Pentagon
- What is the name given to an animal that only eats plants? Herbivore