Welcome to the Summer Term.
Please have a read of our letter to see what day your child has PE and also as a reminder
what days we would like homework and book bags in please.
This term in Topic we are learning about the Seaside, while in our Science topic is Animlas, including Humans.
Click on Our Learning below and then onto Topics, then Seaside or Animals, including Humans to find out many interesting and fun things about these two topics.
Welcome back to all our Year 2 family,
Thank you very much for your enormous patience and great work in supporting the children to continue with their learning. We are very glad to see you all again and very excited to get stuck in with the children ready to learn with their grown-up brains and behaviour.
Our Year 2 times and routines are almost all still the same:
- Our classroom doors open from 8.45am and it is lovely to see you all on time ready for the start the new school day.
- You will need to bring a water bottle with your name on.
- We will be doing PE outside when the the weather allows, Iceberg have PE on Tuesday morning and Forest Class have their PE on Thursday morning. The children now need to bring in their PE kits.
- We would like book bags in school on a Friday please and these will be returned on Monday. (Please do not use the Homework plastic wallets for the reading books, as the wallets get damaged.)
- Homework will be sent home on a Thursday and return back on Tuesday in the plastic wallets provided. We found that it is best to complete the homework by spending 10 or so minutes every day - 'little and often', as the saying goes. (Please only use the Homework plastic wallets for the Homework Books, so they do not wallets get damaged.)
- Our finishing time from school, hometime, will be 2.55pm.
Mrs Henthorn and Mrs Samuel