Welcome to our Year 2 family.
Here we are, starting another new school year.
Again, just a few details for you to have a look at:
Our Year 2 times and routines:
- Our classroom doors open from 8.50am and it is lovely to see you all on time ready for the start the new school day.
- You can bring a water bottle with your name on, but we have fresh water and paper cups available.
- We will be doing PE activities on Wednesday morning for both classes. The children need to have their PE kits in school on Mondays, all labelled (please help as with this, as it does support children to become more responsible and independent). We recommend that the kits are kept in school until the end of the term.
- Please bring in the School Book bags every day, as the children may be reading with an adult and change their books. If they have not read that they, we encourage the children to take the book bags home to read the books again and bring them the next day. Reading the books more than once increases children's reading fluency and supports their understanding of the stories or texts when the children discuss them at home with the grown-up. Once the children have had chance to read in school, their books will be changed.
- Homework will be sent home on a Thursday and return back on Tuesday, when it will be checked and new homework stuck in. We found that it is best to complete the homework by spending 10 or so minutes every day - 'little and often', as the saying goes. The children will be regularly tested on their Number Facts fluency. We will begin with our Spelling Tests and will continue to include 2, 3, 5 and 10 times tables multiplication and division questions for our Maths Tests (usually on Tuesdays).
- Our finishing time from school, hometime, will be 3.00pm.
Thank you for your continued support,
Mrs Henthorn and Mrs Whyment
Mrs Henthorn and Mrs Cope 🙂
Mrs Whyment and Mrs Vejki
Please feel free to look at the above powerpoint for Year 2 information and daily routines
Autumn 1: Knowledge organiser: Great Fire of London
Click on our 'learning' folder below, where you will find all our topics with games, songs and ideas for you to share with your child at home.