As part of the The Queen's Platinum Jubilee 2022 celebrations Year 2 have chosen a song to sing.
Please practice it at home, while having lots of fun; it is a very 'happy' song.
To all members of our Year 2 family - children, parents and guardians/carers,
We are looking forward to our next term together. We hope you have had a lovely Easter and are all refreshed, relaxed and ready to learn.
Welcome back to all our Year 2 family.
Here we are, starting another new term, Summer 1.
Again, just a few details for you to have a look at:
Our Year 2 times and routines, which are nearly the same as in the Spring term :
- Our classroom doors open from 8.50am and it is lovely to see you all on time ready for the start the new school day.
- You can bring a water bottle with your name on, but we have fresh water and paper cups available.
- We will be doing PE on Tuesday morning for both classes. The children need to have their PE kits in school, all labelled (please help as with this, as it does support children to become more responsible and independent).
- Please bring in the School Book bags every day, as the children may be reading with an adult and change their books. If they have not read that they, we encourage the children to take the book bags home to read the books again and bring them the next day. Reading the books more than once increases children's reading fluency and supports their understanding of the stories or texts when the children discuss them at home with the grown-up. Once the children have had chance to read in school, their books will be changed.
- Homework will be sent home on a Thursday and return back on Tuesday, when it will be checked and new homework stuck in. We found that it is best to complete the homework by spending 10 or so minutes every day - 'little and often', as the saying goes. Please continue to play the Number Facts game cards, so that the children can recall the number facts without using their fingers to count forward or backward. The children will be regularly tested on their Number Facts fluency. We will continue with our Spelling Tests and will continue to include 2, 3, 5 and 10 times tables multiplication and division questions for our Maths Tests (usually on Tuesdays).
- Our finishing time from school, hometime, will be 3.00pm.
Thank you for your continued support,
Mrs Henthorn and Mrs Samuel