Happy New Year to all our Year 2 family,
We hope you had a great Christmas and a wonderful New Year, with lots of fun and learning. We are very glad to see you all again and very excited to see the children rested and ready to learn with their grown-up brains and behaviour.
Our Year 2 times and routines are almost all still the same:
- Our classroom doors open from 8.45am and it is lovely to see you all on time ready for the start the new school day.
- You will need to bring a water bottle with your name on.
- We will be doing PE outside at the start of the term so you do not need to bring your PE kits into school for the time being.
- We would like book bags in school on a Friday please and these will be returned on Monday. (Please do not use the Homework plastic wallets for the reading books, as the wallets get damaged.)
- Homework will be sent home on a Thursday and return back on Tuesday in the plastic wallets provided. We found that it is best to complete the homework by spending 10 or so minutes every day - 'little and often', as the saying goes. (Please only use the Homework plastic wallets for the Homework Books, so they do not wallets get damaged.)
- Our new finishing time from school will be 2.55pm.
The only change is our PE days, which during the Spring term are as follows:
Y2 Iceberg class - PE on Wednesday morning
Y2 Forest class - PE on Tuesday morning
Mrs Henthorn and Mrs Samuel